WHAT IS ROSACEA?
Rosacea is a common form of adult acne. It differs from person to person - it can appear as redness, pimples, blushing, broken capillaries or poor skin texture. It can present as thickening of the skin - particularly on the nose.
Unlike acne, Rosacea is a life-long condition. However, the good news is that it can be effectively controlled with lifestyle changes, diet, specialist products, and of course, Laser therapy.
While results vary from person to person, the majority of people with Rosacea respond better to the advanced Laser therapy used at FADE than to older IPL treatments.
How effective is Laser Treatment?
While Laser therapy cannot completely cure Rosacea, it can play a very important role in treating the condition. Laser Therapy can decrease redness, visibility of capillaries, excessive tissue and inflammation. And of course at FADE, as with all our Laser therapies, we exclusively offer PicoSure® Focus - the world's only picosecond laser, and the most advanced technology available worldwide.
What we recommend is the use of Laser treatment in conjunction with other preventative measures. These include:
- Reducing stress
- Reducing alcohol, spicy & sugary foods
- Avoiding extreme changes of temperature where possible
- Minimising UV exposure & using SPF30+ when in the sun
- Avoiding cleaning products that contain alcohol
- Avoiding toner
- Avoiding high strength Vitamin A creams
- Using low strength Vitamin A, B and C to reduce Rosacea flare ups
- Avoiding exfoliating with BHA or AHAs, or facial scrubs
- Avoiding facials as they could cause a flare up
- Keeping showers to less than 3 minutes
- If you wear makeup, choosing a mineral-based brand
If you have Rosacea or any skin condition causing redness or scarring, we recommend you call in to us for a 100% free, no commitment consultation. We'll be able to advise if our advanced Laser skin therapy would be effective for you, and can advise on cost, pre and post treatment care, and likely outcomes. Call in to our Studio at No. 2 Grafton Street Dublin, or contact us today.