Does Laser Tattoo Removal cause blisters?
At FADE laser, your treatments will be carried out using the best Laser Tattoo Removal technology available worldwide - PicoSure®
During treatment with PicoSure®, ultra-short (trillionths of a second) pulses target ink particles with PressureWave™ technology - these pulses break the ink into tiny particles. These microscopic particles are more rapidly absorbed and eliminated naturally by the body. Some people will find that blistering occurs in the treated area. With this type of treatment, any blistering is a result of the wave technology - unlike with older technologies, they are not heat-induced burns.
If blistering occurs, keep the area moist by applying Aloe Vera or Aquaphor 3 times per day, or antibiotic ointment if recommended by your GP. Avoid swimming or taking hot tubs until treated areas are healed. Blisters usually heal without intervention in 5-7 days.
Following your treatment, we recommend you take the following steps to take care of your skin as it recovers:
- After cleansing and while skin is still moist, apply a thin layer of Aloe Vera or Aquaphor ointment to the treated tattoo.
- Apply a non-stick pad over the tattoo until it is healed.
- Avoid sun exposure to the treated area. Use a broad spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher. Apply to the treated area every 2 hours when exposed to the sun. It is recommended that you make this a part of your skin care routine.
- Cleanse the treated area at least daily with water and mild soap, and then pat dry.
- Do not rub or scratch the area.
- Discomfort may be relieved by using cool gel packs or acetaminophen.
- If blistering occurs, keep the area moist by applying Aquaphor 3 times per day or antibiotic ointment on the recommendation of your GP.
- Avoid swimming, soaking or using hot tubs/whirlpools until the skin heals.
Your FADE clinician will be able to run over all of these questions in detail with you - we’re there for any questions before, during or after your treatment. All our staff are fully certified with VTCT Level 3 Anatomy and Physiology, VTCT Level 4 Heat Light and Laser and advanced Tattoo Removal training from Cynosure, the world’s leading Laser Tattoo Technology. We take your treatment seriously. Get in touch, or arrange a free consultation with us today.